Tennessee Online High School Program
Online education seems a natural fit for teens today. Current high school students have grown up with the Internet always being available to them, and they use that technology to connect with each other and share their interests every day. Giving them the opportunity to take advantage of a free virtual high school program can only be beneficial.
At Tennessee Connections Academy, we use an award-winning online high school curriculum that is developed to help guide each student to a more successful future. While English, math, social studies, and science are part of the core high school curriculum, Tennessee Connections Academy also has a variety of elective
online high school classes that provide a great foundation for students’ next step, whether they choose to attend college or start a career.
Online High School Courses
Core and Elective Courses: Our core online high school courses cover all math, science, English, and social studies requirements. We also offer a variety of elective courses, including foreign languages, journalism, digital technology, and art history.
- Honors and Advanced Placement® (AP®)* Courses: Our Honors/AP online courses are beneficial for college-bound students or any other resolute student who wants to demonstrate mastery in certain subject areas.
- College Courses: Students may have the opportunity to take college courses while attending high school, enabling them to simultaneously earn high school and college credit.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: Many of Connections Academy core high school courses have been approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center.View a list of currently approved courses.
For more information, review the high school sample lessons and read about Connection Academy'sⓇ
Guidance and Support
Tennessee Connections Academy online high school students work directly with their counselors and
Learning Coaches to develop a personal learning plan that works for them and that provides help with their academic progress and postsecondary planning. All of our core classes are taught by certified teachers who have experience and expertise in their relevant subject areas.
Graduation Prep and Beyond
To ensure our graduating class of seniors are ready to transition out of online high school, Tennessee Connections Academy provides the following:
- A College Planning Club that helps our students develop a strong portfolio with a focus on elements sought out by college admissions committees
- Access to our full-time certified school counselors
- Assistance in creating a personalized four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance when it comes to finding the right college or career opportunities
- College application LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges and universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- Free access to online courses for college admissions test prep, and information about all of the test dates, locations, and more
- Additional extracurricular activities such as the Debate Club and Career Club
We strive to offer in-depth support that helps our students understand the Tennessee Connections Academy online high school graduation requirements to ensure they are well prepared for life after high school.
Virtual Classroom Interaction
Student interaction has always been a critical part of the educational process. While most of our instruction supports learning anytime and anywhere there is an Internet connection, students also get to participate in a live online classroom through our
LiveLesson technology. This technology is also used to turn in assignments and helps students track their own progress.
Your High School Experience
If you have been looking for a new alternative to the traditional classroom setting, take a look at our resources for teens to learn more about the many benefits of enrolling in an online high school program.
Learn More About the Technology