Virtual School Enrollment Eligibility Requirements for the 2019-20 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend South Carolina Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements in South Carolina are determined by South Carolina law and by the South Carolina Public Charter School District, which is the authorizing body for South Carolina Connections Academy. Before enrolling, review the following virtual school enrollment requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Students who are currently expelled from school, are up for expulsion, or are assigned to an alternative school in place of expulsion are not eligible to enroll at South Carolina Connections Academy. Also, students who have more than ten (10) unexcused absences or who have been out of school for more than ten (10) days are not eligible to enroll in online school. Students who were previously homeschooled are required to have maintained membership in a homeschool association or had approval of the local school district for the duration of the homeschool period.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before September 1 will not be eligible to enroll in South Carolina Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Certificate of live birth
- Hospital certificate
- Military ID
- School records from previous school
- Government Document with birth date
- Medical Records
- Student's Driver's License
You must reside in the state of South Carolina and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in South Carolina Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the online school enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives:
- Gas, electric, cable, home or cell phone, internet or water bill from the last 90 days that includes your name
- Mortgage statement from the last 90 days or signed annual lease agreement
- South Carolina driver's license
- Property tax statement
- Letter from a government agency dated within the last 90 days
- Bank Statement
- Letter from your landlord that is signed and dated
All South Carolina Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations or medical exemption with a copy of the South Carolina Certificate of Immunization (DHEC Form 1148 or 2740) or a Religious Exemption (DHEC Form 1126) to enroll. The DHEC Form 1148 or 2740 must be completed and signed by a health care provider.
See the South Carolina school immunization requirements
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
Return to South Carolina Connections Academy Enrollment Instructions
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.