South Carolina Virtual High School Program
The Internet has always been a daily part of life when it comes to today’s youth, so for many, an online education fits well. Students now in high school have never known life without the Internet, and it has become one of the main ways they connect with their peers as well as explore their interests.
South Carolina Connections Academy (SCCA) offers an online high school curriculum that is tuition-free and made specifically to launch students into a more successful future. While English, math, science, and social studies are core curriculum, SCCA also provides online high school students with a variety of courses that will give them a strong foundation for whatever path they choose, whether it’s attending college or starting a career.
Online High School Classes in South Carolina
- Core and Elective Courses: Our core virtual high school coursesinclude math, English, science, and social studies. Other elective courses in subject areas such as art history, foreign languages, journalism, and digital technology are also offered.
- Honors and AP® Courses: Our Honors/AP online courses are helpful for college-bound students or those students who wish to master a specific subject area.
- College Courses: Students may choose to take college courses while in high school, and will simultaneously receive both high school and college credit.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: Most Connections Academy core high school classes have been approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
For more information, review the high school sample lessons and read about Connection Academy'sⓇ
Support and Guidance
SCCA virtual high school students work together with their assigned counselors and Learning Coaches at home to develop personal learning plans for better academic progress and their postsecondary planning. Each core subject is taught by certified teachers who are qualified with expertise in their chosen content areas.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
To ensure our graduating class of seniors are prepared to transition out of virtual high school, Connections Academy provides:
- A College Planning Clubthat helps students create a portfolio that focuses on elements sought by admissions committees for colleges
- Access to a certified school counselor
- Assistance in outlining a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning that includes:
- Guidance in finding the right college or certain career opportunities
- College application workshops through LiveLesson®, including info on local colleges/universities
- Scholarship and Financial Aid LiveLesson online workshops
- Access to online courses for college admissions test preparation and information about specific test dates, locations, etc.
- Access to or copies of official transcripts
- Additional extracurricular activitiesincluding Student Advisory Council, Debate Club, and more!
We offer extensive support to makes sure all SCCA students understand the virtual high school graduation requirements and that they are well prepared for life beyond high school.
Learn More about Graduation Requirements
Interacting in Virtual School Classes
Interacting with other students is a major part of the educational process. While most of our online instruction supports anytime, anywhere learning, our students are often also part of a live online classroom environment through LiveLesson® technology. This technology enables SCCA students to turn in their homework assignments and track their progress.
Learn More about the Technology