Preparing Students for Graduation
Reach Cyber Charter School (Reach Cyber) provides in-depth support to ensure that students understand the Reach Cyber graduation requirements and are well prepared for life beyond high school.
To make sure that our graduating class of seniors is well prepared for the transition out of cyber high school, Reach Cyber provides:
- Access to a full-time certified school counselor
- Assistance creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- LiveLesson® online workshops about the college application process, including information on local colleges/universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- Free access to college admissions test preparation online courses and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Official transcripts
- Additional extracurricular activities
High School Graduation Requirements
Students must successfully earn a minimum of 21 credits to graduate, with at least 1.5 credits earned in the semester immediately prior to graduation. A student must be enrolled in Reach Cyber the semester immediately prior to graduation and not be a full-time student enrolled in any other school. Be sure to check your school handbook for updates.
The following graduation requirements include:
- Language arts: 4 credits (including Literature and Composition)
- Math: 3 credits (including Algebra I)
- Science: 3 credits (including Biology)
- Social studies: 3 credits (including History and Government of the United States)
- Health and Physical Education: 1 credit
- Arts and Humanities (or both): 2 credits
- Electives: 5 credits (Student selects five additional courses from among those approved for credit toward graduation by the school including approved vocational education courses)