Pecos Connections Academy Eligibility Requirements for the 2020-21 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Pecos Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements are determined by the state of New Mexico. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Students who are currently expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
- First grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
- Maximum age: Any student who turns twenty-two (22) on or before the first day of school will not be eligible to enroll in Pecos Connections Academy.
Proof of Age
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents:
- Official birth certificate
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, sewage, or water bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or annual lease agreement
- Valid New Mexico driver's license
- Cable or phone bill
- Letter from a Government Agency
All Pecos Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on either a state of New Mexico official immunization form, an immunization booklet with all doses signed/stamped, a health provider/Health Department printout, a school record signed/stamped, or the Connections Academy Immunization form. These forms must be signed or stamped by a health care provider.
New Mexico allows for medical or religious exemptions. For medical exemptions you must provide a Department of Health approved New Mexico Certificate of Exemption.
For religious exemptions, you may provide:
See the New Mexico School Immunization Requirements
- Students entering kindergarten, 1st and 3rd grades are required to provide a copy of the student’s most recent vision screening or documentation stating their objection to such screenings within 30 days of enrollment.
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
Students entering grades 9-12 must be on track for graduation with their cohort year.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
Return to Pecos Connections Academy Enrollment Instructions