Online High School Program
Teens and technology go together hand in hand, which makes online high school classes a natural fit for high school students. Pecos Connections Academy’s online high school courses* give today’s high school students the solid educational foundation they need to have a successful future. Our online schooling for high school students is designed to help them not only to learn the subjects but also to master them.
Math, science, English, and social studies are the core online high school classes our students use to build a solid foundation that prepares them for attending college or starting a career after they graduate.
Virtual High School Classes in New Mexico
In addition to the core classes offered at Pecos Connections Academy, our online high school courses also feature a wide variety of electives to help students round out their education. We offer additional classes geared toward helping students prepare for college. Here are some of the courses offered through Pecos Connections Academy:
- Core and Elective Courses: Our core online high school courses cover subjects in math, science, English, and social studies. We also offer electives such as journalism, digital technology, foreign languages, and art history.
- Honors and Advanced Placement® (AP®)* Courses: Our Honors/AP online courses are offered to students who are motivated to get a jump on the next level of their education and enhance their program for college applications.
- College Courses: Students may be able to take college courses while still in high school, simultaneously earning high school and college credit.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: Several Connections Academy courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
You can review Pecos Connections Academy’s online high school sample lessons and learn more about Connections Academy’s
academic partners to help you determine if high school online will be a good fit for your student.
Online High School Support and Guidance
Pecos Connections Academy students have a wide variety of people to help them be successful in their high school classes online. This team includes not only teachers but also school counselors to help ensure our online high school students have a personalized learning plan to help them achieve their academic goals and develop postsecondary planning for life after graduation.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
At Pecos Connections Academy, we want to make sure that our graduating seniors are prepared for the transition from our online high school program to the next stage in their lives. It is a top priority for us to support each student during their online high school experience.
Pecos Connections Academy provides:
- Support from a full-time licensed school counselor
- Detailed assistance in creating a four-year academic plan to make the most of our online high school program
- Extracurricular activities such as the Student Advisory Council and the Debate Club to help round out each student’s educational experience
Our online high school curriculum helps students prepare for college by assisting with college and career planning that includes:
- College Planning Club to help students generate a portfolio full of elements that are highly sought after by college admissions committees
- Information about finding appropriate college and career opportunities
- Help navigating the college application process including LiveLesson® online workshops and information on local colleges/universities
- LiveLesson online workshops geared toward financial aid and scholarships
- Access to free college admission test preparation courses online and accurate information about test dates and locations.
Interacting in a Virtual Classroom
Unlike traditional homeschooling, Pecos Connections Academy offers students the opportunity to interact with teachers and peers in an online classroom environment using our LiveLesson technology.
In addition, students use our online learning system to submit homework assignments and track their progress. This gives students ownership over their education and helps prepare them to gain independence and responsibility for the future. Learn more about the technology offered at Pecos Connections Academy so you can decide if an online high school experience is right for your student.
* AP® and Advanced Placement® are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.