Pecos Connections Academy Virtual School Counselors
Pecos Connections Academy’s (PCA) online school counseling program boasts a professional staff of full-time licensed school counselors. These dedicated staff members are ready to help students reach their true potential in academics and careers. School counselors may assist with:
- Academic goal setting, scheduling, and planning
- Personal and social development
- Career planning
- College planning
Helping Students Succeed at School
Your student’s online school counseling is in professional, experienced hands. Our virtual school counselors have master’s degrees along with specialized training in developmental and educational psychology. This enables counselors to effectively help students address many academic, personal, and social issues that can significantly influence their success in school, in careers, and in life in general.
Most of all, Pecos Connections Academy’s online school counseling program is built on a foundation of positive relationships with faculty, students, and families. Our counselors remain easily accessible through multiple avenues: online, in person, and by phone. Additional support is provided by our national Connections Academy office and its collaborative school counselor network that stretches across the United States. All of these ample resources allow Pecos Connections Academy’s online school counseling to serve students and families alike with individual attention and national expertise.
Preparing Students for College and Career
Beyond helping with present-day issues, our school counselors provide additional services specially designed to help New Mexico high school students in their important preparations for their future in college or trade school and in careers. The assistance offered includes:
- Developing personal learning plans centered around postgraduation goals
- Hosting LiveLesson® sessions, interactive programs bringing Connections Academy families across the country real-time information on a variety of topics relevant for college planning, such as financial aid and scholarships, college application processes, and entrance requirements
- Connecting students with college test preparation classes to get ready for the SAT examinations
- Providing one-on-one counseling so students have full resources and assistance with postsecondary planning, including career options, vocational training, and tips on how to select the ideal college