Oklahoma Connections Academy Eligibility Requirements for the 2019-20 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Oklahoma Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements are determined by the Oklahoma Department of Education. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Students who are currently expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before September 1 will not be eligible to enroll in Oklahoma Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Certificate of live birth
- Baptismal papers
- Hospital certificate
You must reside in the state of Oklahoma and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Oklahoma Connections Academy. Please submit one of the following documents to verify your proof of residency:
- Gas, electric, water, home phone, internet, or cable bill from the last 60 days that includes your name
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or current signed lease agreement
- Property deed
- Current property tax statement
- Letter from Government Agency from the last 60 days
- Payroll stub from the last 60 days
- W-2 form showing your home address
All Oklahoma Connections Academy students must provide certification from a licensed physician or authorized representative of the State Department of Health that the student has received or is in the process of receiving immunizations. Such certification may be in the form of an Oklahoma official immunization form, a current immunization booklet with all doses stamped or signed, official school record, or the Connections Academy Immunization form. These forms must be stamped or signed by a health care provider.
Oklahoma allows exemptions from immunizations for medical, personal, or religious reasons.
See the Oklahoma School Immunization Requirements
The parent or guardian of each student enrolling in kindergarten, first grade, and third grade shall provide certification that the student passed a vision screening test within the previous twelve (12) months. The screening must be conducted by and the certification report signed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist listed on the statewide registry as maintained by the State Department of Health.
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
Return to Oklahoma Connections Academy Enrollment Instructions