North Carolina Virtual High School Program
Online education is a natural fit for today’s teens. High school students have grown up with the Internet, and they use technology to connect with each other and their interests every day. Who better to take advantage of the benefits and possibilities of a free virtual high school program?
At North Carolina Connections Academy (NCCA), the online high school curriculum is fine-tuned to launch each student into a successful future. While math, science, English, and social studies form the core of the high school curriculum, NCCA also offers a wide variety of
online high school classes that provide a solid foundation for whatever path graduates choose: attending college or starting a career.
Virtual High School Classes in North Carolina
- Core and Elective Courses: Our inclusive set of core online high school courses covers subjects in math, science, English, and social studies. We also offer many elective courses in areas such as foreign languages, digital technology, journalism, and art history.
- Honors and Advanced Placement® (AP®) Courses: Our Honors/AP online courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students or any ambitious student who wishes to demonstrate mastery in a specific subject area.
- College Courses: Students may be able to take college courses while still in high school, simultaneously earning high school and college credit.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
For more information, review the high school sample lessons and read about Connection Academy'sⓇ
Support and Guidance
NCCA online high school students work collaboratively with their counselors and
Learning Coaches to develop a personal learning plan for academic progress and postsecondary planning. Every core subject is taught by highly qualified and certified teachers with expertise in their relevant content areas.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
To make sure that the graduating class of seniors are well prepared for the transition out of online high school, North Carolina Connections Academy will provide:
- College Planning Club to help students develop a portfolio that focuses on elements sought by college admissions committees
- Access to a full-time, certified school counselor
- Assistance in creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- College application process LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- Free access to college admissions test preparation online courses and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Additional extracurricular activities such as Student Advisory Council and Debate Club
We offer in-depth support to ensure that students understand the North Carolina Connections Academy virtual high school graduation requirements and are well prepared for life beyond high school.
Interacting in a Virtual Classroom
Student interaction is a critical part of the overall educational process. While most of the instruction supports anytime, anywhere learning, students also participate in a live online classroom environment through
LiveLesson technology. This is also the technology students use to turn in homework assignments and securely track their own progress.
Learn More About the Technology