Missouri Online School Registration Eligibility Requirements for the 2020-21 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Missouri Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements are determined by Missouri state laws. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to enroll in online school for grades K–12.
Note: Students who are currently expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.
Resident District/Charter School Approval of Attendance:
In accordance with MO Rev Stat § 161.670 (2018), students must be approved for enrollment in Missouri Connections Academy and are subject to the following limitations.
A Missouri school district or charter school will allow and pay for any eligible student who resides in its district to attend Missouri Connections Academy as a full-time student if both of the following conditions are met:
- The student was enrolled full-time in and attended a public school, for at least one semester immediately prior to attendance at Missouri Connections Academy. (An exception may be made if the student has a documented medical or psychological diagnosis or condition that prevented them from attending a public school during the previous semester.)
- The student has received approval to attend Missouri Connections Academy from the resident district school or charter school and has provided proof of approval to Missouri Connections Academy. Your school district may have adopted a specific process for obtaining this approval, which may include timelines, consultation with the school’s counselor, and parental notification or authorization, so be sure to ask for a copy of the policy.
The Missouri District Request for Attendance at Missouri Connections Academy form for families is in the registration process but is also available to view here.
- View our curriculum and course offerings for all grade levels at Missouri Connections Academy.
- Missouri Connections Academy can offer the accommodations and modifications outlined in this form.
- Kindergarten: Any students enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before August 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any students enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before August 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before August 1 will not be eligible to enroll in Missouri Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your address for mailings and potential shipments. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team at 1-855-953-4120 to discuss acceptable alternatives:
- Utility bill (electric, gas, water, or sewage)
- Mortgage statement (showing property address)
- Lease agreement (signed, showing terms of lease)
- Most recent property tax statement
- Cable bill
- Phone and/or Internet bill
- Voter registration card
- Current driver’s license or state-issued ID
- Letter from government agency
- Tribal identification
- Credit card statement
- Payroll stub
- Vehicle registration
Return to Missouri Connections Academy enrollment instructions