Missouri Online School Registration Eligibility Requirements for the 2020-21 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Missouri Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements are determined by Missouri state laws. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to enroll in online school for grades K–12.
Note: Students who are currently expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.
Resident District/Charter School Approval of Enrollment:
In accordance with MO Rev Stat § 161.670 (2018) students must be approved for enrollment in Missouri Connections Academy and are subject to the following limitations.
A school district or charter school shall allow any eligible student who resides in such district to enroll in Missouri Connections Academy as a full-time student, with any costs associated with such course or courses to be paid by the school district or charter school if:
- The student is enrolled full-time in and has attended a Missouri public school, for at least one semester immediately prior to enrolling in the Missouri Connections Academy, a public school, including any charter school; except that, no student seeking to enroll in Missouri course access and virtual school program courses under this subdivision shall be required to have attended a public school during the previous semester if the student has a documented medical or psychological diagnosis or condition that prevented the student from attending a school in the community during the previous semester; and
- Prior to enrolling in Missouri Connections Academy the student has received approval from his or her school district or charter school and has provided proof of this approval to Missouri Connections Academy. Your school district may have adopted a specific process by which to complete this process.
- Kindergarten: Any students enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before August 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any students enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before August 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before August 1 will not be eligible to enroll in Missouri Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your address for mailings and potential shipments. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team at 1-855-953-4120 to discuss acceptable alternatives:
- Utility bill (electric, gas, water, or sewage)
- Mortgage statement (showing property address)
- Lease agreement (signed, showing terms of lease)
- Most recent property tax statement
- Cable bill
- Phone and/or Internet bill
- Voter registration card
- Current driver’s license or state-issued ID
- Letter from government agency
- Tribal identification
- Credit card statement
- Payroll stub
- Vehicle registration
Return to Missouri Connections Academy enrollment instructions