Falcon View Connections Academy Online Public School Eligibility Requirements for the 2019-20 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements in order to attend Falcon View Connections Academy (FVCA). Minnesota state laws determine FVCA’s eligibility requirements. Before you begin the enrollment process, please look over the following eligibility requirements to determine if your student(s) is eligible to attend FVCA grades K–10.
There are some important steps to enrolling in FVCA:
- Wabasha-Kellogg Residents: You will be asked to complete an In-District Transfer Request Form as part of your enrollment process.
- Non Wabasha-Kellogg Residents: You will be required to complete the Minnesota Department of Education Statewide Enrollment Options and/or Non-Resident Agreement forms as part of your enrollment process. Non-Resident Agreement forms are required by some Minnesota school districts. You will be provided with the form and information on how to submit it if this is applicable to your student’s enrollment.
Note: Students who have been or are currently suspended or expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1, in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before September 1 will not be eligible to enroll in Falcon View Connections Academy.
Please submit a copy of ONE of the following documents to verify your student’s age eligibility. To avoid delays, make sure to provide a copy of this document with all other required enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Certificate of Live Birth
- Hospital Certificate
- Baptismal papers
- Court-issued documents
- Green card
- Tribal Affiliation card
- Government-issued ID
You must reside in the state of Minnesota and be able to provide acceptable proof of residency in order to be eligible for enrollment.
The following items showing your name and address are acceptable documents to establish residency. Items marked with an asterisk (*) must be dated within the last 60 days:
- Utility bill (electric, gas, water, or sewage) showing service address*
- Mortgage statement (showing property address)*
- Lease agreement (signed, showing terms of lease)
- Most recent property tax statement
- Cable bill*
- Internet bill*
- Current driver’s license or state-issued ID
- Letter from government agency*
If you don’t have any of these documents available, please contact our enrollment team to discuss any acceptable alternatives.
All Falcon View Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on a state of Minnesota official student immunization form. Immunization against chicken pox must be verified by a health care provider and the form must be stamped or signed by a healthcare provider.
Minnesota allows for medical or personal exemptions, however medical exemptions must be signed by a healthcare provider. Please use the Minnesota Student Immunization/Exemption form if requesting an exemption.
See the Minnesota School Immunization Requirements
Prior Public Schooling Requirements
Any student who has previously attended public school, homeschool, or private school is eligible to enroll.
- Students requesting to be enrolled at the highest grade level offered by the school must be on track for graduation with their cohort year. Additionally, students that have previously attempted coursework at the highest grade offered by the school will typically not be eligible for enrollment in the same grade.
Additional documentation may be necessary if any of the following apply to your child:
- IEP or Evaluation: If your student has had an Individualized Education Program (IEP) within the past three years, please submit a copy of the most recent IEP and the most recent Evaluation Report.
- Custody order: If you hold legal guardianship that was determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
Return to Falcon View Connections Academy Enrollment Instructions