Michigan Connections Academy —Free K–12 Virtual Charter School
Since 2010, students throughout Michigan have been thriving at Michigan Connections Academy (MICA), a tuition-free online public school, also known as a Michigan virtual school or cyber charter school. MICA gives K–12 students the flexibility to learn at home or anyplace with internet access with an individualized learning program featuring:
- A challenging K–12 curriculum developed by leading education experts, and which 94% of parents surveyed in our 2018 Parent Satisfaction Survey agreed is high quality
- Curriculum materials needed to participate in a dynamic online learning environment using online technology
- Instruction from state-certified teachersrecognized as highly qualified under the No Child Left Behind Act—and with 97% of parents surveyed agreeing that our teachers are helpful
- Support from award-winning staff including trained counselors, principals, and administrative personnel
- School office located in Lansing
Our mission is to help each student maximize his or her potential and meet the highest performance standards. We are a high-quality, high-tech, high-touch “school without walls” that brings out the best in every student.
View Michigan Connections Academy’s
Annual Education Report which provides key information on the school's 2016-17 education progress.