Two Great Tuition-Free Schooling Options in Michigan
Michigan Connections Academy and Great Lakes Cyber Academy are tuition-free online public schools available for students statewide!
Connections Academy students in Michigan learn from home, or wherever there is an Internet connection. Either school is a great homeschool alternative, because students interact with experienced online teachers who are dedicated to helping them succeed and achieve their full potential.
Both schools in Michigan provide:
- Michigan-certified online teachers
- A personalized learning approach to fit each student’s needs
- An award-winning curriculum with high-quality courses, electives, and gifted and talented, honors, and AP courses
- Career Technical Education courses that combine both college preparation and real-world workforce skills development into one customized education program.
- 1 laptop computer per household
- A wide-range of virtual clubs and activities, and local field trips
- Interactive virtual classrooms, multimedia instructional tools, and high-quality resources
- School office in Okemos, but open to students statewide
- Grades K–12
- Elementary Gifted and Talented program
- Authorized by Ferris State University Charter Schools Office
- Grades 6-12 (Middle School starting 2016-17)
- 3 flexible pacing options for graduation (High School)
- Courses offered throughout the year – during the fall, spring, and summer (High School).
- Authorized by Central Michigan University