Michigan Online High School Courses
Great Lakes Cyber Academy (GLCA)’s online courses for high school students provide enrolled students with the combined flexibility and support they need to succeed in all areas of their lives. The 9–12 education features a core curriculum that includes English, math, science, and social studies. Electives in a wide variety of topics such as world languages, digital photography, game design, and marine science encourage students to explore the diverse world around them and become well-rounded individuals.
Honors and Advanced Placement®* courses provide the extra challenge that students need for college preparation. Additionally, students can plan for the future by joining college and career clubs.
With the guidance of teachers and a Learning Coach, each student follows a personalized learning plan and has access to experienced cyberschool counselors who encourage them and assist with academic achievement and personal development.
Preparing for College
College and Career Planning
To ensure that each graduating class of seniors is well equipped for the transition from virtual high school to colleges and universities, and to make sure that seniors are fully aware of their graduation requirements, Great Lakes Cyber Academy provides important services such as:
- Access to a full-time certified school counselor
- Assistance in creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Official transcripts
- Financial aid
- Guidance in finding appropriate college and career opportunities
- Access to free online high school courses for college admissions test preparation
- Pertinent information about SAT, ACT, and other test dates, locations, etc.
- College application process and scholarship LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities
- Additional extracurricular activities such as Debate Club and Student Advisory Council
- Career Technical Education (CTE) courses—These special courses allow students to combine college preparation and workforce skills development into a single, customized education program. CTE classes encourage students to investigate and prepare for careers in criminal justice, finance, marketing, psychology, and other key professions.
To learn more about other online high school courses available in Michigan, take the time to browse our course descriptions. Please keep in mind that some texts may only be available in online formats. Find out firsthand what it’s like to learn at Great Lakes Cyber Academy’s virtual high school by trying out some of our sample lessons.