Online High School Counselors
To help students rise to their full personal, academic, and professional potential, Great Lakes Cyber Academy offers full-time, licensed school counselors and a robust counseling program.
Dedicated school counselors use their professional expertise to assist students with a wide range of situations such as:
- Academic goal setting, scheduling, and planning
- Career planning
- College planning
- Personal and social development
Helping Students Succeed
With master’s degrees and specialized training in developmental and educational psychology, our online school counselors have the expertise to assist high school students and to address the many personal, social, and academic issues that can have a significant impact on their success in school and in life.
At Great Lakes Cyber Academy, our counseling program is built on relationships, so our counselors are available to give personal attention to students, parents, and families—online, in person, and by phone. Support and expertise can also be provided from our national Connections Academy office and its collaborative network of school counselors across the United States.
Preparing Online Students for College and Career
- Beyond their daily counseling activities, our school counselors offer services designed to help high school students prepare for college and career with:
- Personal learning plans focusing on students’ goals after graduation
- Interactive online LiveLesson® sessions offering current information on financial aid and scholarships, college application processes, entrance requirements, and more
- College test preparation courses for the SAT examinations
- One-on-one counseling with seniors to provide resources and assistance with exploring and choosing career options, as well as researching and selecting the right vocational training or college