Eligibility Requirements for the 2019-20 School Year
You must meet specific program requirements to attend TEC Connections Academy Commonwealth Virtual School (TECCA). Student eligibility requirements are determined by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Students who have been suspended or expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before August 31st in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- First grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before August 31st in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Maximum age: Any general education student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before August 31 will not be eligible to enroll. Any special education student who turns twenty-two (22) years old on or before August 31 will not be eligible to enroll.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Passport (grades 2–12 only)
- Baptismal papers (grades 2–12 only)
- Green card (grades 2–12 only)
You must reside in Massachusetts and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in TECCA.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, water, sewage, cable, internet, home phone, or propane oil delivery bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or signed annual lease agreement
- Property tax statement
Any of the following are also acceptable if dated within the past 60 days and include your name and address:
- Rent receipt
- Payroll stub
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Letter from a government agency
All TECCA students must provide evidence of their immunizations on a Commonwealth of Massachusetts official immunization form or on a health care provider/Health Department printout. These forms must be stamped or signed by a health care provider.
Massachusetts allows for medical or religious exemptions. For a medical exemption, the caretaker must submit a written statement from the student's health care provider indicating the student is exempt from immunizations. For a religious exemption, the caretaker must submit a signed statement stating that immunizations are contrary to his/her sincere religious belief.
See the Massachusetts school immunization requirements:
Proof of Health Examination
A copy of the Massachusetts School Health Record, stamped or signed by a healthcare provider and dated within the past year, must be submitted for each student.
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
Full-Time Enrollment Requirement
A student shall not be allowed to enroll in TECCA while enrolled as a full-time student in another public school. This statement must be acknowledged by parents/legal guardians prior to final confirmation.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
Return to TECCA enrollment instructions