Child’s Proof of Immunization
All TECCA students
must provide evidence of Massachusetts' required immunizations on a Commonwealth of Massachusetts official immunization form or on a health care provider/Health Department printout. Many Massachusetts medical offices and clinics can now update your child's immunization record automatically using an electronic immunization registry, known as the Massachusetts Immunization Information System.
These forms must be signed by a health care provider..
When Do I Need to Provide My Immunization Records?
Immunization records must be presented prior to enrolling in Connections Academy.
Not Sure What Immunizations Are Required?
Under the Massachusetts School Immunization Law, children are required to receive certain immunizations in order to attend public elementary and secondary schools. For more information about the required number of doses and the ages at which vaccines must be given, review the
Guide to Immunizations Required for Grades K–12.
Where Can I Get Immunizations for My Student?
Immunizations can be obtained from doctor’s offices, clinics, or hospitals. Pediatricians and family doctors or their nurses or medical assistants can give your student the shots they need to meet the requirements for school enrollment. In addition, some large chain pharmacies offer immunizations for older children and adults.
What if I Need Assistance Paying for Vaccines?
If you need assistance paying for shots/vaccinations, you may be able to get free or reduced immunizations through this program:
A student may be exempt from immunizations for medical reasons or for religious beliefs. An exemption may be temporary or permanent and may be for specific vaccines or all vaccines. The following documents must be submitted for students seeking an exemption from immunizations:
- Medical Exemption: A licensed physician who feels a vaccine is not indicated for a student because of medical reasons should submit to the school (via the patient’s family as needed) a written statement documenting the medical exemption.
- Religious Exemption: A parent or guardian may have a child exempted from required immunizations if immunization is contrary to his/her beliefs. Parents must submit a signed statement indicating that such immunization is contrary to their beliefs.
Although not required for enrollment, having the documents below ready will help our academic placement services team efficiently place your student in the appropriate classes.
Prior Academic Records
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll and will be requested to submit academic records for placement.
Not Sure How to Get Your Child’s Report Card or Transcript?
Contact your student's previous school and request the document, providing them with the information outlined above, OR contact your school's district office with the request.
If after attempting these steps you still cannot obtain your student's report card or transcript, please contact the academic placement services team at
800-382-6010 to discuss acceptable alternatives.
Have Your Child(ren) Been Formerly Homeschooled?
Other Documents for Special Circumstances
Though not applicable to all families, please submit the documentation requested if the information below is specific to your student.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
- Special Education Documentation: If your student has had an Individualized Education Program (IEP) within the past three years, please submit the following documents:
- IEP Documentation: Please submit a copy of the most recent IEP from within the last year.
- Supporting Evaluation Documentation: Please submit a copy of the most recent Evaluation Documentation from within the last three years.
- Additional Special Education Documentation:
- IEP Exit Documentation: If your student has been formally exited from special education services, please submit a copy of the formal exit documentation.
- Section 504 Plan: If your student has had a Section 504 plan within the past three years, please submit a copy of this document.
Ready to Enroll?
Once you have all of the required documentation (outlined above), you are ready to proceed with
enrollment in TEC Connections Academy Commonwealth Virtual School.
Problems or Questions?
If you have any concerns or questions, our enrollment team is here to help.
Please call us at 800-382-6010.
TEC Connections Academy Commonwealth Virtual School (TECCA) admits students and conducts all educational programs, activities, and employment practices without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected classification.