Preparing Students for Graduation
Connections Academy provides in-depth support to ensure that students understand the Connections Academy graduation requirements and are well prepared for life beyond high school.
To make sure that our graduating class of seniors is well prepared for the transition out of virtual high school, Connections Academy provides:
- Access to a full-time certified school counselor
- Assistance creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- College application process LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- Free access to college admissions test preparation online courses and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Official transcripts
- Additional extracurricular activities such as Student Advisory Council and Debate Club
High School Graduation Requirements
Students must successfully earn a minimum of 24 credits and a passing score on the MCAS Exams (English Language Arts, Math, Science) to graduate. Be sure to check your school handbook for updates.
The course credits required to graduate include:
- English: 4 credits
- Math: 4 credits (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra II, any additional Math course)
- Social Studies: 4 credits (US History II, World History II, American Government, any additional Social Studies course)
- Science: 3 credits (Biology, Chemistry, any additional Lab Science)
- Physical Education: 1 credit
- Health: 1 credit
- Art: 1 credit
- Foreign Language: 2 credits (must be two levels of the same Foreign Language)
- Electives: 4 credits (any approved elective course)