Maine Connections Academy Eligibility Requirements for the 2018-19 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Maine Connections Academy (MCA). Student eligibility requirements in Maine are determined by the state of Maine. While learning how to enroll in online school, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades 7–12.
Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty (20) years old on or before July 1 will not be eligible to enroll in Maine Connections Academy.
How to Start Online School
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents:
- Official birth certificate
- Hospital certificate
- Baptismal papers
- Official court document with birth date
- Official school record
You must reside in Maine and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in MCA.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, water, cable, home phone, internet, or propane oil delivery bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or annual lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- Driver's license or State Issued ID
- Vehicle registration
- Letter from a government agency from the last 60 days
All MCA students must provide evidence of their immunizations on either a state of Maine official immunization form or the Connections Academy Immunization form. These forms must be signed by a health care provider.
Maine allows for medical, religious, or personal exemptions. However, medical exemptions must be signed by a health care provider.
See the Maine school immunization requirements:
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation to enroll in online school if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
Return to MCA enrollment instructions