Child’s Proof of Immunization
All MCA students
must provide evidence of the Maine state required immunizations. Under the Maine School Immunization Law, children are required to receive certain immunizations in order to attend public elementary and secondary schools. For more information about the required number of doses and the ages at which vaccines must be given, review the Guide to Immunizations Required for Grades 7–12.
- Immunization form (found in Connexus)
This form may require both the
parent/guardian and health care provider signature.
When Do I Need to Provide My Immunization Records?
Immunization records must be presented prior to enrolling in MCA.
Not Sure What Immunizations Are Required?
A complete list of
immunization requirements is available on the Maine State Department of Health website. Many Maine medical offices and clinics can now update your child’s immunization record automatically using an electronic immunization registry, known as the
Maine Immunization Registry.
Where Can I Get Immunizations for My Student?
Immunizations can be obtained from doctor’s offices, clinics, or hospitals. Pediatricians and family doctors or their nurses or medical assistants can give your student the shots they need to meet the requirements for school enrollment. In addition, some large chain pharmacies offer immunizations for older children and adults.
What if I Need Assistance Paying for Vaccines?
By law, Maine managed-care organizations (such as Kaiser Permanente and Blue Cross) must cover recommended immunizations for children. Your health plan may charge a co-payment for the shot visit. Check with your health plan or your doctor’s office about any fees.
If you don’t have health insurance, you may be able to get free immunizations through one of these programs:
Students may be exempt from immunization requirements if (1) their parents sign a statement indicating that such immunization is contrary to their beliefs; or (2) the parents submit a statement from a physician indicating that immunization is not considered safe for the child. An exemption may be temporary or permanent and may be for specific vaccines or all vaccines.
A student may be exempt from immunizations for medical reasons or for personal beliefs. All exemptions require a signature and date on the Statement of Exemption form, which is available in Connexus.
- Medical Exemption: A licensed physician who feels a vaccine is not indicated for a student because of medical reasons should submit to the school (via the patient’s family as needed) a written statement documenting the medical exemption.
- Personal or Religious Reasons Exemption: A parent or guardian may have a child exempted from required immunizations if immunization is contrary to his/her beliefs.
Although not required for enrollment, having the documents below ready will help our Academic Placement Services Team efficiently place your student in the appropriate classes.
Prior Academic Records
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible for online school enrollment and will be requested to submit academic records for placement.
Not Sure How to Get Your Child’s Report Card or Transcript?
Contact your student's previous school and request the document, providing them with the information outlined above, OR contact your school's district office with the request.
If after attempting these steps you still cannot obtain your student's report card or transcript, please contact the academic placement services team at
800-382-6010 to discuss acceptable alternatives.
Have Your Child(ren) Been Formerly Homeschooled?
If your children are currently homeschooled, please complete the Prior Academic History Form. This document will be available to you in Connexus.
Other Documents for Special Circumstances
Though not applicable to all families, please submit the documentation requested if the information below is specific to your student.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
- Special Education Documentation: If your student has had an Individualized Education Program (IEP) within the past three years, please submit the following documents. These documents are being requested in order to assist the school in providing your student with a free appropriate public education (FAPE) in the least restrictive environment.
- IEP Documentation: Please submit a copy of the most recent IEP from within the last year.
- Supporting Evaluation Documentation:Please submit a copy of the most recent Evaluation Report.
- Additional Special Education Documentation:
- IEP Exit Documentation: If your student has been formally exited from special education services, please submit a copy of the formal exit documentation.
- 504 Plan: If your student has had a 504 Plan within the past three years, please submit a copy of this document.
Ready to Enroll?
Once you have all of the required documentation (outlined above), you are ready to proceed with online school enrollment in Maine Connections Academy.
Problems or Questions?
If you have any concerns or questions about 7–12 grade enrollment in Maine Connections Academy, contact our enrollment team for additional help.
Please call us at 800-382-6010.
Maine Connections Academy admits students and conducts all educational programs, activities, and employment practices without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected classification.