You're Invited to Our Learning Coach Success Series!
Learn how virtual school works—from a parent's perspective!
Attend online sessions led by currently enrolled parents to explore expectations of virtual school and help prepare you and your family for your first days of school.
If you're still in the enrollment process, we recommend attending the following session:
- Virtual School Basics—It's virtual school 101! Learn all the basics of the virtual learning environment, from organizing your learning space to interacting with teachers and classmates.
If you are finished with the enrollment process and have confirmed enrollment, we recommend attending the following sessions:
- Roles and What to Expect—Learn about the roles of the Learning Coach, student, and teacher in virtual school, and get a better sense of what you can expect during the first week.
- Getting Acquainted with Connexus® Educational Management System for the Learning Coach—Acquaint yourself with our education management system and other helpful resources, such as the online scheduler, the Virtual Library, and WebMail. Gain some pointers on establishing a daily routine and taking advantage of the flexibility of our program from the parent/Learning Coach perspective.
- Getting Acquainted with Connexus® Educational Management System from the Student Perspective—Learn how students use and benefit from our education management system and other helpful resources, such as the online scheduler, the Virtual Library, and WebMail. Gain some pointers on helping your student to establish a daily routine and to make the most of the program's scheduling flexibility.
- Tips and Tricks for Online School Success—Get tips and advice about curriculum, equipment, finding help when you need it, and more. Learn about opportunities to connect with the Connections Academy community, including field trips, clubs, and activities, as well as ideas for socialization in your local area.
- Open Q and A—No question will go unanswered. Grab your list of questions and ask away!
- Overcoming a Late Start*—If your family began with Connections Academy after the start of school, this session is for you! Learn the most important tips for getting ready, and find out our top recommendations for getting your student caught up and on track to complete courses on time.
* This session will run from September 1 to December 1.
Space is limited for each session, so RSVP to reserve your spot. If the Register button is not available, that means the session is full and you must choose a different session. Thank you.