Kansas Online High School Program
Online schooling for high school is a natural fit for today’s teens. High school students have grown up with the Internet, and they use technology to connect with each other and their interests every day. Who better to take advantage of the benefits and possibilities of a free virtual high school program?
At Kansas Connections Academy (KCA), the online high school curriculum, which is accompanied by some of the best educational resources, is fine-tuned to launch each student into a successful future. While math, science, English, and social studies form the core of the curriculum, KCA also offers a wide variety of online high school courses that provide a solid foundation for whatever path graduates choose: attending college or starting a career.
Online High School Courses in Kansas
- College Courses: Students may be able to take many college courses while still in high school, simultaneously earning high school credit and possibly tuition free college credit.
- Core and Elective Courses: Our inclusive set of core online high school courses covers subjects in math, science, English, and social studies. We also offer many elective courses in areas such as foreign languages, digital technology, journalism, and art history.
- Honors and AP®/ Courses: Our Honors/AP online courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students or any ambitious student who wishes to demonstrate mastery in a specific subject area.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
Support and Guidance
Students at our Kansas online learning high school work collaboratively with their counselors and Learning Coaches to develop a personal learning plan for academic progress and postsecondary planning. Every core subject is taught by highly qualified and certified teachers with expertise in their relevant content areas.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
To make sure that the graduating class of seniors are well prepared for the transition out of online high school, KCA provides:
- A College Planning Club to help students develop a portfolio that focuses on elements sought by college admissions committees
- Access to a full-time, certified school counselor
- Assistance in creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- College application process LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities