Online School Counselors
Kansas Connections Academy’s full-time, licensed school counselors are dedicated to helping virtual school students reach their full potential, assisting with:
- Academic goal setting, scheduling, and planning
- Personal and social development
- Career planning
- College planning
Helping Students Succeed
With master’s degrees and specialized training in developmental and educational psychology, our online school counselors help students address the personal, social, and academic issues that can affect their success in school and in life.
At KCA, our online school counseling program is built on relationships, so our counselors are readily accessible to students and families—online, in person, and by phone. With the additional support from our national Connections Academy office and its collaborative network of school counselors across the United States, our counseling team brings both individual attention and national expertise to our students and families.
Preparing Students for College and Career
Beyond their daily counseling activities, our counselors offer services designed to help high school students prepare for college and career with:
- Personal learning plans focusing on postgraduation goals
- Interactive online LiveLesson® sessions connecting Connections Academy families across the country with real-time information on financial aid and scholarships, college application processes, entrance requirements, and more
- College test preparation courses for the ACT examinations
- One-on-one counseling with seniors to provide resources and assistance with postsecondary planning, including career options, vocational training, and selecting the right college