Online School Counselors
Florida Connections Academy’s (FCA) school counselors are fully licensed, available full-time, and dedicated to helping students achieve their goals and reach their full potential, helping with:
- Social and personal development
- Scheduling, planning, and academic goal setting
Helping Students Succeed
Our school counselors are not only specially trained in developmental and educational psychology, but are well equipped with master’s degrees, giving them a wide range of skills to help students manage social, personal, and academic issues that have the potential to affect their school success, and overall success in life.
At Florida Connections Academy, our counseling program is founded upon relationships, so our counselors are easily accessible by students and families as needed, whether in person, online, or over the phone. Our national Connections Academy office offers additional support with its collaborative school counselor network across the country, which allows our counselors to bring expertise and attention to our families and students.
Preparing Students for College and Career
Beyond their daily counseling activities, our counselors offer services designed to help Florida high school students prepare for college and career with:
- Personal learning plans focusing on postgraduation goals
- Interactive online LiveLesson® sessions connecting Connections Academy families across the country with real-time information on financial aid and scholarships, college application processes, entrance requirements, and more
- College test preparation courses for the SAT examinations
- One-on-one counseling to provide resources and assistance with postsecondary planning, including career options, vocational training, and selecting the right college