The Foundation of a Great Education
Connections Academy combines the best online and offline resources from leading educational publishers and curriculum specialists to deliver comprehensive, high-quality K–12 online education. With the best resources at their fingertips, Connections Academy students explore and master all required core subjects: language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
Learn More About Our Accreditations
Learn More About Our Awards
A 21st Century Online Curriculum for 21st Century Success
Our online curriculum is a highly effective alternative to a traditional public or homeschool curriculum. It's designed to help students gain the knowledge and thinking skills they'll need for life, work, and higher education. At each grade level, structured lessons are blended with self-paced learning to ensure that each student reaches his or her full potential. These courses also develop skills in the important "four Cs" of 21
st century learning:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Creativity and innovation
Education should help prepare students for work, college, and life. And at the foundation of a good education, you'll find a strong curriculum.
Here are reasons why our virtual school curriculum is successful:
- Only the Finest Materials: Curriculum experts review and select the best texts and teaching materials from leading publishers to create units, lessons, and activities. The Connections Academy multimedia team works closely with these experts to create interactive tools and resources that get students involved in learning.View Our List of Resources to Enrich your Homeschool Curriculum
- Exciting Electives: Electives are a key part of the well-rounded online school curriculum at Connections Academy. These stimulating K–12 online courses cover a wide range of subjects such as world languages, game design, home life, sign language, and more.
- Always Improving: At Connections Academy, the curriculum is evaluated and revised regularly to ensures it delivers the most effective content and aligns with state and national standards. As part of this ongoing review, students and parents are asked to rate each lesson on a five-star scale. After nearly four million evaluations, Connections Academy has received an average lesson rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
- Curriculum Built for Success: Over the past twelve years, we have developed, tested, and refined the Connections Academy curriculum to ensure that it meets national and state standards as well as those set by leading educational organizations. Most importantly, our online curriculum is designed to meet the diverse needs of our students.
- Online Curriculum Development Experts: We have a team of experts dedicated to the design, evaluation, and improvement of our free online school curriculum. With classroom teaching experience, subject matter expertise, and advanced degrees in instructional design, curriculum development, and technology education, the team is dedicated to developing a high-quality online curriculum that delivers real results. Connections Academy students don't just learn a subject—they master it.
- Bring Lessons to Lessons to Life: Our curriculum development team works with our talented in-house videographers, graphic designers, and computer programmers to bring the curriculum to life in a multidimensional way. The resulting curriculum engages students in individual study as well as collaboration with their classmates. As a result, students learn to think independently and to work together.
Hundreds of Proven Online Courses:
The Connections Academy curriculum includes core courses for every grade level including:
- Language arts/English
- Social studies
- Electives (world languages, music, game design, digital arts, sign language, and more.)
Gifted and Talented, Honors, and AP™ courses.*
* These offerings vary by state.
Read Parent Testimonials
View Parent Satisfaction Results