Eligibility Requirements for the 2018-19 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to participate in Colorado Connections Academy. Before enrolling at our online schools in Colorado, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate.
Note: Colorado Connections Academy does not accept students who are currently expelled from their local school or district. Students who have been suspended from their local school or district will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to enroll.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before October 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before October 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Maximum Age: Any student who is twenty-one (21) years old on or before the semester they enroll in will not be eligible to enroll in Colorado Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Certificate of live birth
- Baptismal papers
You must reside in the state of Colorado and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, or water bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or signed annual lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- Current voter registration card
Any of the following are also acceptable if dated within the last 60 days:
- Letter from a government agency
- Rent receipt
All Colorado Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on either a state of Colorado official immunization form, an immunization booklet with each dose signed/stamped, an official school record, a health provider/Health Department printout, or the Connections Academy Immunization form. These forms must be signed or stamped by a health care provider.
Colorado allows for medical, personal or religious exemptions, however medical exemptions must be signed by a health care provider. If you are requesting a medical exemption, please use the Colorado Department of Health and Environment Immunization Medical Exemption Form. If you are requesting a religious or personal exemption, please use the Colorado Department of Health and Environment Immunization Non-medical Exemption Form.
See the Colorado school immunization requirements:
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students that have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
- IEP and Evaluation:If your student has had an Individualized Education Program (IEP) within the past three years, please submit a copy of the most recent IEP containing supporting evaluation documentation. During the enrollment process, a screening team will review the student's Individualized Education Program (IEP) to determine whether a free appropriate public education ("FAPE") is available for the student. If the screening team finds that the application requests a significant change of placement or raises other concerns about the student's ability to access FAPE, the School shall convene a complete IEP team to make the final determination. For more information, contact us at 800-382-6010.
Return to Colorado Connections Academy Enrollment Instructions