Online School Enrollment: Eligibility Requirements for the 2018-19 School Year
You must meet specific state and program requirements to enroll in and attend Arizona Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements in Arizona are determined by the Arizona Board for Charter Schools, which is the authorizing body for Arizona Connections Academy. Before enrolling in virtual school, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Students who are currently expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which you are applying.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which you are applying.
- Maximum Age: Any student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before September 1 will not be eligible to enroll in Arizona Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Green card
You must reside in the state of Arizona and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Arizona Connections Academy. Students do not need to be withdrawn from their previous school prior to enrolling in Arizona Connections Academy. Please complete the online school enrollment process, and Arizona Connections Academy will notify the student's previous district of the change in schools.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, cable, home phone, internet or water bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or annual lease agreement
- Valid Arizona driver's license
- Arizona identification card
- Valid Arizona motor vehicle registration
- Certificate of tribal enrollment or other identification issued by a recognized Native American tribe
- Property tax statement
- W-2 form showing your home address
Any of the following are also acceptable if dated within the past 60 days:
- Letter from a government agency
- Payroll stub showing your home address
All Arizona Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on either a state of Arizona official immunization form, an immunization booklet with each dose signed/stamped, an official school record, a health care provider/Health Department printout or the Connections Academy Immunization form. These forms must be signed or stamped by a health care provider.
The law allows parents/guardians to choose exemptions from immunization requirements based on their personal beliefs, and physicians of children to choose medical exemptions from immunization requirements. Medical Exemptions should be completed by a physician on the Arizona Medical Exemption Form and submitted along with any existing shot history. If choosing a personal exemption, please complete the Arizona Personal Beliefs Exemption Form.
See the Arizona school immunization requirements:
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
Return to Arizona Connections Academy online school enrollment
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.