Arizona Connections Academy: Online High School Curriculum
Today’s teens have grown up using the internet daily and are well adapted to online education. Arizona Connections Academy (ACA) offers a free, virtual high school program that is the perfect fit for your student as it will provide a solid foundation for attending college or starting a career.
Core Online Courses for High School and Beyond
The online high school curriculum is continually fine tuned to launch each student into a successful future. The following basic and advanced courses are provided:
- Core Curriculum: This includes math, English, science, and social studies.
- Clubs and Activities: Choose from a wide variety of interests such as foreign languages, digital technology, journalism, art history, debate club, etc.
- Honors and Advanced PlacementⓇ* Courses: These online courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students or those who are interested in mastering a specific subject area.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: Many Connections AcademyⓇ core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center.
Learn more about ACA's online classes by viewing sample lessons and the list of academic partners.
Guidance and Technology
Arizona Connections Academy’s online high school students are taught, coached, and guided through every subject by highly qualified teachers, learning coaches, and academic counselors. These experts will work one-on-one with your student to develop a personal learning plan for academic progress and postsecondary education.
While most instruction can take place anytime and anywhere, students will also participate in a live online classroom environment via LiveLessonⓇ technology. This allows for peer interaction, which is critical to the success of the overall educational process.
Preparing for Graduation and a Career
ACA wants your student to succeed. To ensure your graduating senior is well prepared for the transition out of high school, the following in-depth services are provided:
- College Planning Club (This helps students develop a portfolio of elements sought by college admissions committees.)
- a full-time, certified school counselor
- assistance in creating a four-year academic plan
- guidance in finding appropriate college or career paths
- information on local colleges and universities
- online college application assistance and workshops
- online financial aid and scholarship workshops
- free access to online college admissions test prep information
- online college admissions test prep courses
Connections Academy believes in the importance of hands-on services that support students from high school into college, a career, and beyond.
* AP® and Advanced Placement® are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.