Learn more about the enrollment process at Connections Academy.
You must meet specific state and program requirements to participate in Wisconsin Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements in Wisconsin are determined by the Appleton Area School District which is the authorizing body for Wisconsin Connections Academy. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in the upcoming school year. Wisconsin Connections Academy is offering enrollment for grades K–12.
Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, to be eligible for enrollment in Wisconsin Connections Academy.
First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1, to be eligible for enrollment in Wisconsin Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Date of Birth Affidavit provided by Wisconsin Connections Academy–notarized by a Notary Public
After the open enrollment deadline, only students who reside in the boundaries of the Appleton Area School District are able to enroll. For details, contact the school principal, Michelle Mueller, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-993-7076.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your
legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please
contact the Enrollment Team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, or water bill from the last 60 days showing your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or current signed lease agreement
- Bank statement from the last 60 days
- Driver's license/state ID
For details, contact the school principal, Michelle Mueller, at email@example.com or 920-832-4800.
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
There are no prior public schooling limitations for Wisconsin Connections Academy. All students that have previously attended public, private, or home school are eligible to enroll.
You will receive a list of required documents and forms once you have been accepted for Wisconsin's open enrollment and have started the Wisconsin Connections Academy enrollment process.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
- Gifted evaluation: If you are requesting enrollment in a course that is ahead of or behind your student's age-based grade level or you are requesting placement in a Gifted course, a placement counselor will contact you to request a report card, Prior Academic History Form, and/or state test scores.
- IEP or 504 plan: If your student has an IEP or a 504 plan, providing a copy of the plan will speed your student's proper course placement.
Return to Wisconsin Connections Academy enrollment instructions.