You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Utah Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements in Utah are determined by the Utah State Office of Education. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Utah Connections Academy does not accept students who are currently expelled from their local school or district.
Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
First grade: Any student enrolling in 1st grade must be six
(6) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which they
Maximum Age: Any general student who turns eighteen (18) years old on or before September 1 will not be eligible to enroll. Any special education student who turns twenty-one (21) years old on or before September 1 will not be eligible to enroll.
Students must be of compulsory school age according to Utah regulations, or a retained senior to be eligible for enrollment.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every
student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a
copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Baptismal papers
You must reside in the state of Utah and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Utah Connections Academy. Students do not need to be withdrawn from their previous school prior to enrolling in Utah Connections Academy. Please complete the enrollment process and Utah Connections Academy will notify the student's previous district of the change in school.
All applicants shall submit
two items from among the following types of documents, showing the home address. Documents below that are issued on a monthly basis (e.g. bills, bank or pay statements, rent receipts) must be dated from within the past 60 days.
- Gas, electric, water, or sewage utility bill, showing your name and service address (do not submit more than one from this category)
- Mortgage statement or current signed lease agreement
- Cable bill
- Land line telephone and/or Internet bill (do not submit more than one from this category)
- Property tax statement
- Voter registration card
- Valid Utah driver's license or other Utah photo ID (do not submit more than one from this category)
- Bank statement
- Rent receipt
- Property deed
- Letter from a government agency
- Payroll stub
- Credit card statement
All Utah Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations. Please submit one of the following:
- A Utah School Immunization Record (Pink Card) signed by a licensed physician, registered nurse, or public health official.
- If the Utah School Immunization Record is not signed by a license physician, registered nurse, or public health official, it must be accompanied by a current copy of the student’s shot record signed by a licensed physician, registered nurse, or public health official.
- Any immunization record signed by a licensed physician, registered nurse or public health official.
A student may be exempt from immunizations for medical, religious, or personal belief reasons. Exemption forms are available at your local health department or from your student's physician.
- Exemptions for medical reasons must be signed by the student’s physician.
- Exemptions for religious or personal reasons must be signed by the caretaker and witnessed by a representative of the local health department.
Review Utah Immunization Requirements
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll. Students who have previously earned a high school diploma or certificate of completion are not eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
Return to Utah Connections Academy Enrollment Instructions
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.