Capistrano Connections Academy meets rigorous state, regional, and national standards for academic excellence.
- Our accreditations and proven measures of success include:
- Capistrano Connections Academy is fully accredited (grades K-12) by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Connections Academy is a division of Connections Education, which is accredited by AdvancED
- CapoCA has been a member of NHS since 2010
- Met AYP target with a Growth API of 791 from the California Department of Education in 2013
- Met the high standards for No Child Left Behind’s Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) for the 2005–06, 2006–07 and 2009–10 school years
- Exceeded state testing standards for 2005–08 under the School Accountability Report Card (SARC), California’s annual rating system for public schools
All CapoCA teachers are fully credentialed and rated compliant under the NCLB.
Parents Give our Program High Ratings
Each year, we survey Capistrano Connections Academy parents to get their feedback on our program and help identify what we’re doing well and how we can improve. Our parents evaluate the school on a number of criteria including student progress, teacher support, and quality of the curriculum. See below what parents had to say about the program.
|Capistrano Connections Academy |
2014 Parent Satisfaction Survey Results
of parents agree
that the curriculum
is high quality.
children are satisfied with the program.
of parents are
with the variety of learning activities.
Connections Academy to other families.
agree that our technology
tools improve their child's learning experience.
Based on a survey of Connections Academy families conducted in February 2014
by Leo J. Shapiro and Associates.
Personal Success Stories
Each week, Connections Academy hears from students, parents, and teachers, sharing powerful stories of daily victories and growing self-confidence. These are highlights of just a few:
- The military father stationed in the Middle East who is now able to take part in his child’s education through our Learning Management System accessed over the Internet.
- The fifth-grader who was bullied and underperforming at his former school but is now thriving emotionally and academically as he learns at home.
- The “I can’t do this” brothers who hated their former school but who now shout “Look at me! I can read!” after enrolling in Connections Academy.
- The math-hating sixth-grader who completed two years of math in one year with the skilled help of a Connections Academy teacher.
- The father who gained the tools and confidence to take control of his son’s education when his wife was diagnosed with cancer.
- The many other families who are thankful to find a high-quality education at their door.