Southern California Online High School Curriculum
We all know high school can be challenging academically and socially. So why are Capistrano Connections Academy (CapoCA) high school students succeeding and thriving?
The Key: Multi-faceted Curriculum and a Supportive School Community
Imagine a rigorous curriculum that leverages how, when, and where students learn best. Then integrate the most respected print and online resources, innovative instructional tools, and hands-on activities into dynamic curriculum that engages every type of learner. And top it all off by offering the gamut of high school experiences:
- Core classes in math, science, language arts, and social studies.
- Extensive electives, including foreign languages, digital technology, and journalism.
- Field trips and interactive clubs, including robotics, debate, yearbook and more.
- Honors and AP Courses.
- SAT Preparation Courses.
- Support for students who need extra help.
- College-credit classes.
- NCAA approved courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
By combining rigor with flexibility, our California online high school curriculum makes success accessible to every student.
Just step into one of our biology classes . . .
In Monday’s LiveLesson® session, experienced biology teacher Ms. Patzin leads a class discussion on California’s indigenous plants and animals. Then, after viewing a Teachlet® covering energy and ecosystems, the class classifies local fauna and considers the impact of climate on the region’s plant and animal life. By Friday, students, their families and teacher are taking their lessons “on the road” for a field trip to the California Science Center. Exploring the life processes of native plants, animals, and micro-organisms, they’ll experience firsthand the intersection of ecology, biology, and energy. Back home and on their own schedules, they’ll enrich the lessons learned with research in our virtual library and interactive tools such as Virtual Dissection.
Intrigued? Check out more of our high school curriculum materials.
Beyond the Curriculum—Preparing Students for College or Career
Whether college-bound or career-oriented, we make sure the students at our online high school in Southern California are ready for what lies beyond graduation by:
- Providing access to a full-time certified school counselor.
- Helping students create four-year academic plans.
- Guiding students as they consider college and career opportunities.
Outstanding High School Program
Our Online High School students are thriving!
See the difference this made for Ashley Argota, Nickelodeon star and Connections Academy graduate.
› Watch Now!