Oregon Online High School Curriculum
High school can be challenging academically and socially, but we make sure our students thrive at Oregon Connections Academy (ORCA). Find out how your student could succeed at our Oregon online high school.
The Key: Multi-faceted Curriculum and a Supportive School Community
At Connections Academy, our Oregon high school curriculum helps students learn the way that’s best for them. It combines outstanding print and online resources, innovative instructional tools, and hands-on activities to engage every type of learner. Just some of the things our curriculum offers are:
- Core classes in math, science, language arts, and social studies.
- Extensive electives, including foreign languages, digital technology, and journalism.
- Field trips and interactive clubs, including robotics, debate, chess and more.
- SAT Preparation Courses.
- Support for students who need extra help.
- College-credit classes.
- NCAA approved courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
By combining rigor with flexibility, our online high school curriculum in Oregon makes success accessible to every student.
Just step into one of our biology classes . . .
In Monday’s LiveLesson® session, experienced biology teacher Ms. Freeland leads a class discussion on Oregon's indigenous plant and animal life. Then, after viewing a Teachlet® tutorial covering energy and ecosystems, the class classifies local fauna and considers the impact of climate on the region’s plant and animal life. In the coming weeks, teacher and students will bring the lesson to life on regional field trips ranging from the Ladd Marsh Wildlife Area to the Nature Conservancy to the Oregon Aquarium. Back home and on their own schedules, they can enrich the lessons learned with research in our virtual library, hands-on experimentation with interactive tools such as Froguts, or readings in an outstanding biology iText, Glencoe’s The Dynamics of Life.
Intrigued? Check out more of our online high school curriculum materials.
Beyond the Curriculum—Preparing Students for College or Career
Whether college-bound or career-oriented, we make sure our Oregon online high school curriculum helps students prepare for what lies beyond graduation by:
- Providing access to a full-time certified school counselor.
- Helping students create four-year academic plans.
- Guiding students as they consider college and career opportunities.
Remember to view our online gifted and honors courses and Career Technical Education (CTE) classes to see how ORCA helps students prepare for college, a career, or other post-graduate opportunities.
Meet Ashley Argota
Learn about Ashley Argota's experience as a Nickelodeon star and Connections Academy graduate.