Oregon Virtual High School Program
With the Internet and virtual technologies at the forefront of today’s teenage lifestyles, online education is proven to be an effective and beneficial method of learning. At Oregon Connections Academy (ORCA) the online high school curriculum is designed to help each student build a foundation for a successful future. With math, science, English, and social studies at the core of the school’s curriculum, students are able to expand their knowledge base and foster a love of learning. Furthermore, ORCA’s wide variety of online high school courses encourage students to take responsibility for their education and establish distinguished goals for the future like attending college or starting a career.
Online High School Courses in Oregon
At Oregon Connections Academy, students are introduced to various course options that help them expand their educational base. The program offers several courses, clubs, and activities including:
- Core and elective courses: ORCA’s inclusive set of online high school courses covers all of the standard core subjects and exciting elective courses help give students variety in their education.
- Honors and AP courses: Honors and AP online courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students and educationally-advanced students with a desire to master a specific subject area.
- College courses: Applicable students have the option to take college courses while still in high school, allowing them to earn both high school and college credits.
- NCAA-Approved courses: Oregon Connections Academy offers various courses that are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center.
Support and Guidance
Oregon Connections Academy encourages online high school students to work collaboratively with guidance counselors and Learning Coaches in order to develop a personalized learning plan that keeps academic progress and postsecondary planning at the forefront. Every core subject at ORCA is taught by highly qualified and certified teachers who have experience and expertise in their respective content areas.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
Oregon Connections Academy provides several beneficial tools and resources to ensure graduating seniors are aptly prepared for what awaits beyond the confines of online high school. ORCA provides assistance in creating a four-year academic plan to help students navigate their educational path in the most successful way possible and access to a full-time, certified school counselor gives students the support they need throughout their high school careers.
A College Planning Club helps students build a respectable portfolio that focuses on elements sought by college admissions committees, while college and career planning assists students with a variety of tasks including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- Information on local colleges and universities as well as assistance with the college application process via LiveLesson® online workshops
- Accessing financial aid and scholarship information
- Free access to college admissions test preparation online courses and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Assistance obtaining official transcripts for the college application process
Learn more about graduation requirements, today.
Interacting in a Virtual Classroom
Oregon Connections Academy values the importance of student interaction throughout the overall educational process. LiveLesson technology allows students the freedom to participate in a live online classroom environment anytime, anywhere. This beneficial technology also allows students to turn in homework assignments and securely track their progress throughout their high school career.
Learn more about the technology used in the Oregon Connections Academy program.