Ohio Online School Reviews: Proven Results
Ohio Connections Academy meets rigorous state, regional, and national standards for academic excellence.
- Proven Results
Our accreditations include:
Our proven measures of success include:
- OCA is the only statewide Ohio eSchool rated Excellent in 2010 by the Ohio Department of Education.
- The Ohio Department of Education’s School Year Report Card has shown two successive years of adding more than a year of academic growth for each student—a reflection of the dedicated teachers and high-quality curriculum we provide to Ohio families!
- Superintendent Ray Lambert named 2010 School Leader of the Year by the Ohio Alliance for Public Charter Schools
- OCA is the only virtual school in Ohio to achieve Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) standards under the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) for both the 2006–07 and 2007–08 school years.
Parents Give our Program High Ratings
Each year, we survey Ohio Connections Academy parents to get their feedback on our program and help identify what we’re doing well and how we can improve. In our Ohio online school reviews, parents evaluate the school on a number of criteria including student progress, teacher support, and quality of the curriculum. Here's what parents had to say about the program.
|Ohio Connections Academy |
2014 Parent Satisfaction Survey Results
of parents agree
that the curriculum
is high quality.
children are satisfied with the program.
of parents are
with the variety of learning activities.
Connections Academy to other families.
agree that our technology
tools improve their child's learning experience.
Based on a survey of Connections Academy families conducted in February 2014
by Leo J. Shapiro and Associates.
Personal Success Stories
Each week, Connections Academy hears from students, parents, and teachers, sharing powerful stories of daily victories and growing self-confidence. These are highlights of just a few:
- The military father stationed in the Middle East who is now able to take part in his child’s education through our Learning Management System accessed over the Internet.
- The fifth-grader who was bullied and underperforming at his former school but is now thriving emotionally and academically as he learns at home.
- The “I can’t do this” brothers who hated their former school but who now shout “Look at me! I can read!” after enrolling in Connections Academy.
- The math-hating sixth-grader who completed two years of math in one year with the skilled help of a Connections Academy teacher.
- The father who gained the tools and confidence to take control of his son’s education when his wife was diagnosed with cancer.
- The many other families who are thankful to find a high-quality education at their door.