Learn more about the enrollment process at Connections Academy.
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Ohio Connections Academy, an online school in Ohio. Student eligibility requirements in Ohio are determined by the Ohio Council of Community Schools, which is the authorizing body for Ohio Connections Academy. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12. Ohio Connections Academy does not accept students who are currently expelled from their local school or district.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 30 in the school year in which they are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 30 in the school year in which they are enrolling.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
You must reside in the state of Ohio and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Ohio Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the Enrollment Team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, water, cable, Internet, or land line telephone bill from the last 90 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or signed lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- Voter registration card
All Ohio Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on either a State of Ohio official immunization form or the Connections Academy Immunization form. These forms must be stamped or signed by a health care provider.
Ohio allows for medical, personal or religious exemptions, however medical exemptions must be signed by a health care provider. Please use the Connections Academy Immunization/Exemption form if requesting an exemption.
See the Ohio school immunization requirements.
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public, private, or home school are eligible to enroll. Students who are currently expelled from an Ohio public school are not eligible to enroll.
State Testing Scores
State test scores are required for students going into grades 4–9 or 11–12 who were in an Ohio public school for the 2012-13 school year.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
- Gifted evaluation: If you are requesting enrollment in a course that is ahead of or behind your student's age-based grade level or you are requesting placement in a Gifted course, an Academic Services Counselor will contact you to request a report card, Prior Academic History Form, and/or state test scores.
- IEP or 504 plan: If your student has an IEP or a 504 plan, providing a copy of the plan and Evaluation Team Report will speed your student's proper course placement.
Return to Ohio Connections Academy enrollment instructions.