Michigan Virtual High School Program
Online education is a natural fit for today’s teens. High school students have grown up with the Internet, and they use technology to connect with each other and their interests every day. Who better to take advantage of the benefits and possibilities of a free virtual high school program?
At Michigan Connections Academy (MICA), the virtual high school curriculum is fine-tuned to launch each student into a successful future. While math, science, English, and social studies form the core of the curriculum, MICA also offers a wide variety of
online high school courses that provide a solid foundation for whatever path graduates choose: attending college or starting a career.
Michigan Online High School Courses
- Honors and AP® Courses: Our Honors/AP online courses are particularly beneficial for college-bound students or any ambitious high school student who wishes to demonstrate mastery in a specific subject area.
- College Courses: Students may be able to take college courses while still in high school, simultaneously earning high school and college credit.
- NCAA-Approved Courses: Many Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
Support and Guidance
MICA virtual high school students work collaboratively with their counselors and
Learning Coaches to develop a personal learning plan for academic progress and postsecondary planning. Every core subject is taught by highly qualified and certified teachers with expertise in their relevant content areas.
Preparing for Graduation and Beyond
- A College Planning Club to help students develop a portfolio that focuses on elements sought by college admissions committees
- Access to a full-time, certified school counselor
- Assistance in creating a four-year academic plan
- College and career planning, including:
- Guidance in finding appropriate college or career opportunities
- College application process LiveLesson® online workshops, including information on local colleges/universities
- Financial aid and scholarship LiveLesson online workshops
- Free access to college admissions test preparation online courses and information about test dates, locations, etc.
- Official transcripts
- Additional extracurricular activities such as Student Advisory Council and Debate Club
We offer in-depth support to ensure that students understand the Michigan Connections Academy virtual high school graduation requirements [link graduation requirements to grad requirements page] and are well prepared for life beyond high school.
Interacting in a Virtual Classroom
Student interaction is a critical part of the overall educational process. While most of the instruction supports anytime, anywhere learning, students also participate in a live online classroom environment through
LiveLesson technology. This is also the technology students use to turn in homework assignments and securely track their own progress.
Learn More About the Technology