You must meet specific state and program requirements to complete online school enrollment and attend Great Lakes Cyber Academy. Student eligibility requirements in Michigan are determined by the Michigan Legislature and the Michigan Board of Education. Great Lakes Cyber Academy is authorized by the Central Michigan University.
Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades 6–12.
Note: Great Lakes Cyber Academy does not accept students who are currently suspended or expelled from their local school or district.
- Maximum Age: A general education student who turns twenty (20) years old on or before September1 will not be eligible to enroll. A special education student who turns twenty-six (26) years old on or before September1 will not be eligible to enroll.
Please provide a copy of one of the following document for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
You must reside in the state of Michigan and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for Great Lakes Cyber Academy enrollment.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, or water bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or current lease
- Property tax statement
- Letter from a government agency dated within the last 60 days
- Bank statement dated within the last 60 days
All Great Lakes Cyber Academy students must provide a certificate of immunization obtained from and signed by health care provider.
See Michigan School Immunization Requirements
Medical and Personal Exemptions
Michigan allows for medical, religious, or personal exemptions. Parents seeking immunization waivers in Michigan must have the immunization waiver certified by their local health department.
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
There are no prior schooling limitations. Any age-eligible public school, private school or homeschool student may enroll in Great Lakes Cyber Academy.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order:If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
Return to Great Lakes Cyber Academy Enrollment Instructions