Georgia Online School Registration Eligibility Requirements
You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend Georgia Connections Academy. Student eligibility requirements in Georgia are determined by the Georgia State Board of Education. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Georgia Connections Academy does not accept students who are currently expelled or suspended from their local school or district.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the respective school enrollment year.
- First grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1 in the respective school enrollment year.
- Maximum Age: Students who have dropped out for one (1) or more quarters must be twenty (20) years old or younger by September 1 in the respective school enrollment year. For continuously enrolled students the maximum age is twenty-one (21) years old or younger by September 1 in the respective school enrollment year.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Certificate of live birth
- Signed baptismal papers
- Hospital certificate
- Military ID
- Student Driver’s License
Geographical Limitations of Registering for Georgia Connections Academy
You must reside in the state of Georgia and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Georgia Connections Academy. Students do not need to be withdrawn from their previous school prior to enrolling in Georgia Connections Academy. Please complete the enrollment process and Georgia Connections Academy will notify the student's previous district of the change in schools.
Two forms of proof of residency are required. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
1. Submit one of the following, no older than 60 days showing the service address:
- Electric, water, gas, cable, Internet, or home telephone bill
Also submit one of the following, showing the property address:
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days
- Current signed lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- Rent receipt from the last 60 days
- Property deed
- Settlement statement from home purchase from the last 60 days
All Georgia Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations to be eligible for enrollment.
All students must have the Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3231 immunization certificate marked “Complete for School” by a health care provider. Form 3231 is furnished by the physician. For a complete list of immunizations required by the Georgia Department of Public Health, view the Summary of Georgia Immunization Requirements for School Attendance webpage.
Medical and Religious Exemption
A student may be exempt from immunizations for medical and religious belief reasons. The following documents must be submitted for students seeking an exemption from immunizations:
Medical Exemption: Provide Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3231 immunization certificate signed by a health care provider. Form 3231 has an expiration date of no later than 12 months from the date of issue. There must be an annual review of the medical exemption and the certificate must be reissued with or without indication of the medical exemption.
Religious Exemption: For a child to be exempt from immunizations on religious grounds, the parent or guardian must provide the school with a notarized copy of Georgia Department of Public Health Form 2208. The form must meet the following criteria:
- The form must be signed and dated by the parent/guardian.
- The form must be notarized, dated, and signed by a Notary Public.
Required Health Screenings
A student, regardless of grade level, must provide certification of eye, ear and dental examinations on the Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3300. Forms may be obtained and completed at the local public health departments or physician offices.
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
Other Documentation for Online School Enrollment in Georgia
You may need to provide additional documentation for enrollment if any of the following circumstances apply:
Return to Georgia Connections Academy enrollment instructions
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.