Georgia Connections Academy Enrollment Checklist

We are so pleased that you are considering Connections Academy's award winning online school as part of your child’s educational future. Once you have your documents ready, online school enrollment in Georgia is easy and takes only a short time to complete. You must first create an account in Connexus®, our education management system, or log in to your existing account to submit your documents.

Get Prepared icon

Get Prepared for Enrollment

Thank you for considering Georgia Connections Academy. Because Connections Academy is a public school, parents must submit state-required information and documentation for each student being enrolled.

Use the Enrollment Checklist below to gather the necessary documents that will be needed as part of the enrollment process. We have provided a list of documents that are accepted in your state and we have also provided information that may assist you in accessing any documentation you may not have in your possession.

Do you have everything you need to enroll? In order to make your enrollment as smooth and simple as possible, it helps to gather some information first. Use our helpful checklist to make sure you are ready.

You can begin the enrollment process by creating an account in Connexus (or by logging into your existing account) to submit your enrollment documents. After you have created an account in Connexus, your enrollment process has begun and an enrollment package will be mailed to you at your home address. In addition to the hard copy mailed to you, the enrollment package may be downloaded from your Connexus homepage. Make sure that you log into Connexus to track both the submission of your documents and the verification process.

Students who are currently expelled from their local school or district are not eligible to enroll.

What Documents to Have Ready

Please have the following documents available and ready to upload to Connexus:

Required Documents
The documents below are required for enrollment in Georgia Connections Academy. Please submit or transfer information from the following:

Proof of age icon

Child's Proof of Age

A copy of the following document must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.

  • A certified copy of a birth certificate, or a certified hospital-issued birth record or birth certificate
Not Sure Where to Get That?

As a reminder, the age eligibility is as follows:

  • Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which he or she is are enrolling.
  • First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which he or she is enrolling.

Proof of residence icon

Proof of Residence (2 forms)

Two forms of proof of residency are required. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the Enrollment Team to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Not Sure What is Accepted as Proof?

  • Submit one of the following, no older than 60 days showing the service address
    • Electric, water, or gas bill
    • Cable
    • Internet
    • Home telephone bill
  • Submit one of the following showing the address
    • Current signed lease agreement
    • Mortgage statement from the last 60 days
    • Property tax statement
    • Rent receipt from the last 60 days
    • Settlement statement from home purchase from the last 60 days
    • Property deed

Proof of immunization icon
checklist check icon

Child’s Proof of Immunization and Health Screenings

According to the Georgia Department of Education, Georgia law requires children attending school (Kindergarten–12th grade) to be age-appropriately immunized with all the required vaccines at the time of first entry in school. All students, regardless of grade, must have the Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3231 immunization certificate marked “Complete for School”. Form 3231 is furnished by local health clinics or health care providers. Signature requiredForm 3231 must be marked "Complete for School" by a health care provider.

Not Sure What Immunizations Are Required?

For a complete list of immunizations required by the Georgia Department of Public Health, view the Summary of Georgia Immunization Requirements for School Attendance webpage.

Please refer to the Georgia Department of Health Immunization Section webpage for answers to many frequently asked questions.

Where Can I Get Immunizations for My Student?

Immunizations can be obtained from doctor’s offices, clinics, or hospitals. Pediatricians and family doctors or their nurses or medical assistants can give your student the shots they need to meet the requirements for school enrollment. In addition, some large chain pharmacies offer immunizations for older children and adults.

What if I Need Assistance Paying for Vaccines?

If you need assistance paying for shots/vaccinations, you may be able to get free or reduced immunizations through this program:

  • Vaccines for Children (VFC) program is a federally funded program that provides vaccines at no cost to children who might not otherwise be vaccinated because of inability to pay. Children who are eligible for VFC vaccines are entitled to receive pediatric vaccines that are recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
  • PeachCare for Kids Program is a comprehensive health care program for uninsured children living in Georgia that provides state-supplied vaccines for children.
Immunization Exemptions

A student may be exempt from immunizations for medical reasons or religious beliefs. The following documents must be submitted for students seeking an exemption from immunizations:

  • Medical Exemption: Provide the Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3231 immunization certificate signed by a health care provider. Form 3231 has an expiration date of no later than 12 months from the date of issue. There must be an annual review of the medical exemption and the certificate must be reissued with or without indication of the medical exemption.
  • Religious Exemptions: For a child to be exempt from immunizations on religious grounds, the parent or guardian must furnish the school with a notarized copy of Georgia Department of Public Health Form 2208. The form must meet the following criteria:
    • The form must be signed and dated by the parent/guardian.
    • The form must be notarized, dated, and signed by a Notary Public.
Required Health Screenings

All students, regardless of grade level, must provide certification of eye, ear, and dental examinations on the Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3300. Forms may be obtained and completed at your local public health clinic or physician's office.

Important Documents

Academic Records icon

Prior Academic Records

All students who have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll and will be requested to submit academic records for placement.

  • Report Card
    For students applying for Kindergarten-ninth grade: Please submit a copy of the report card from the most recent school year.
  • Unofficial Transcript
    For students applying for 10th–12th grade: Submit an unofficial transcript that includes the complete end-of-year grades from the prior school year and any academic documentation (such as a progress report/interim report, class schedule, or marking period/semester report card) issued for the prior school year. Additional documentation may be requested for placement.

    The following items should be included on the unofficial transcript:
    • Student Name
    • Grade Level
    • School Year (example: 2014–15)
    • School Name
    • Grading Scale (Example: 90–100%=A)
    • Credits Earned
Not Sure How to Get Your Child’s Report Card or Transcript?

  • Contact your student's previous school and request the document, providing them with the information outlined above, OR contact your school's district office with the request.

If after attempting these steps you still cannot obtain your student's report card or transcript, please contact the Academic Placement Services Team at 800-382-6010 to discuss acceptable alternatives.

Have Your Child(ren) Been Formerly Homeschooled?

If your children are currently homeschooled, please complete one of the two documents below. These documents will be available to you in Connexus.

  • Prior Academic History Form
    For homeschooled students in Kindergarten–eighth grade: Complete the Prior Academic History Form indicating what courses were completed through a homeschool curriculum.
  • High School Homeschool Credit Form
    For homeschooled students in ninth–12th grade: Complete the High School Homeschool Credit Form indicating any high school level courses completed through a homeschool curriculum.
  • Prior Home School Standardized Test Scores
    If your student is applying for grades four, seven or ten, please submit a copy of your student’s Standardized Test Scores. If you do not have this, it can be obtained from the local District Office where you registered your student as a homeschooled student.

Other Documents for Special Circumstances

Though not applicable to all families, please submit the documentation requested if the information below is specific to your student.

Other Documents icon

Other Documentation

You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:

  • Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
  • Gifted documentation: If you are requesting any Gifted and Talented programs, it is recommended that you submit a Gifted Evaluation or Designation Letter from your student's former school, standardized test scores, or other documentation indicating gifted-study potential. Also, please have your student complete the appropriate placement tests which can be found on your Caretaker Homepage in the Enrollment Details section.
  • Special Education Documentation: If your student has had an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) within the past three years, please submit the following documents:
    • IEP Documentation: Please submit a copy of the most recent IEP from within the last year.
    • Supporting Evaluation Documentation: Please submit a copy of the most recent Multidisciplinary Team Report.
  • Additional Special Education Documentation:
    • IEP Exit Documentation: If your student has been formally exited from special education services, please submit a copy of the formal exit documentation.
    • 504 Plan: If your student has had a 504 Plan within the past three years, please submit a copy of this document.

Ready to Enroll?

Once you have all of the required documentation (outlined above), you are ready to proceed with enrollment in Georgia Connections Academy.

Problems or Questions?

If you have any concerns or questions about how to enroll or use our Georgia virtual school enrollment checklist, our Enrollment Team is here to help. Please call us at 800-382-6010.

Georgia Connections Academy admits students and conducts all educational programs, activities, and employment practices without discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected classification.