Eligibility Requirements: FLVS Full Time
Student enrollment requirements for FLVS Full Time are determined by the state of Florida. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine if your student is eligible to participate in grades Kindergarten–5.
Looking to enroll in grades 6–12? Learn more here.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which he or she is enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which he or she is enrolling.
Prior School Eligibility
FLVS Full Time Public School (grades Kindergarten–5): There are no prior schooling eligibility requirements. Students who have accepted a Personal Learning Scholarship Account (PLSA) are not eligible to enroll in FLVS Full Time Public School. The requirements for a PLSA state that the student must be part of a home education program.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Birth certificate
Grades Kindergarten–5: Students must reside in the state of Florida and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment.*
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, or water bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- Current voter registration card
- Florida driver's license
Public school students are required to submit the DH 680 Florida Certificate of Immunization, or “Blue Card,” as proof of immunization. If you do not have a copy of this form, you can submit your immunization record to your healthcare provider or county health department to have your child’s immunization history transferred to the DH 680 form.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
- IEP and evaluation: If your student has an IEP, please send a copy ofthe most recent IEP and a copy of the most recent evaluation documentation. Members of the special education team will review the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and the
supporting evaluation during the enrollment process to determine if your student's special education needs can be met in a virtual environment.
Return to FLVS Full Time Enrollment Instructions