You must meet specific state and program requirements to participate in Colorado Connections Academy. Before enrolling at our online school in Colorado, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
Note: Students who are currently expelled from their local school or district may not be eligible to enroll.
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before October 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
- First Grade: Any student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years old on or before October 1 in the school year for which they are enrolling.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents.
- Official birth certificate
- Baptismal papers
You must reside in the state of Colorado and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Connections Academy.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the enrollment team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, or water bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement from the last 60 days or annual lease agreement
- Rent receipt
- Property tax statement
- Current voter registration card
- Letter from a government agency
All Colorado Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on either a state of Colorado official immunization form or the Connections Academy Immunization form. These forms should be signed by a health care provider.
Colorado allows for medical, personal or religious exemptions, however medical exemptions must be signed by a health care provider. If you are requesting an exemption, please use either the Colorado Department of Health and Environment Certificate of Immunization or the CA Immunization/Exemption form.
See the Colorado school immunization requirements:
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students that have previously attended public school, private school, or homeschool are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
- IEP and Evaluation: If your student has had an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) within the past three years, please submit a copy of the most recent IEP containing supporting evaluation documentation. In the state of Colorado, the Director of Special Education from Connections Academy must review the IEP during the enrollment process to determine if your student's special education needs can be met in a virtual environment.
Return to Colorado Connections Academy Enrollment Instructions