Professional Learning Communities
Become a Connections Learning teacher and join the Professional Learning Community (PLC)!
The PLC is a virtual community created and dedicated to shared values and vision, working and learning collaboratively, shared decision making, collective creativity, and supportive and shared leadership. As a collegial group, we are united in our commitment to student learning through collaboration in our community.
The PLC includes the following areas:
- Professional Development: Get connected to the latest educational conferences, webinars, online courses, professional organizations, and research/education updates!
- Networking: Share and collaborate with colleagues across the country through message boards!
- Best Practices: Stay in the know about new products and resources, including links to upcoming and recorded curriculum meetings!
- School Support: Teachers are kept in the loop about pertinent school news and announcements through weekly issues of the Teacher Update. Teachers also have the ear of the Senior Vice President of Education during virtual bimonthly Brown Bag Meetings. This provides teachers the opportunity to provide feedback and ask questions about a variety of instructional topics.
Characteristics of Highly Effective PLCs
- Building a Solid Foundation
- Building a Collaborative Culture (Building Teams)
- Collective Inquiry
- Action Orientation
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement (for students and staff)
- Results Oriented (using data to drive goals and actions)