You must meet specific state and program requirements to attend California Connections Academy schools. Student eligibility requirements in California are determined by the State of California, which regulates all public schools including California Connections Academy. Before enrolling, review the following eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether your student(s) is eligible to participate in grades K–12.
- Transitional Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in transitional kindergarten must be five (5) years old between September 2 and December 2 in the school year for which you are enrolling.*
- Kindergarten: Any student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years old on or before September 1 in the school year for which you are enrolling.
*The availability of transitional kindergarten is dependent upon legislative action and could change at any time.
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided for every student to verify age eligibility. To avoid unnecessary delays, provide a copy of this document along with your enrollment documents:
- Official birth certificate
- Certificate of live birth
- Green card
You must reside in one of the following California counties and provide acceptable proof of residency to be eligible for enrollment in Connections Academy.
- Los Angeles
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
- Contra Costa
- San Joaquin
- Santa Clara
A copy of one of the following documents must be provided to verify your legal residence. If you do not have any of these documents, please contact the Enrollment Team to discuss acceptable alternatives.
- Gas, electric, or water bill from the last 60 days that includes your name and service address
- Mortgage statement or annual lease agreement
- Property tax statement
- Current voter registration card
- Payroll stub
- Letter from a government agency
All California Connections Academy students must provide evidence of their immunizations on either a state of California official immunization form or the Connections Academy Immunization form. These forms must be signed by a health care provider.
California law allows for exemptions from
immunization requirements for medical exemptions or based on personal
beliefs. Medical Exemptions should be signed by a Healthcare Provider.
Personal Exemptions should be submitted on the Personal Beliefs
Exemption to Required Immunizations Form.
See the California school immunization requirements:
Prior Public Schooling Limitations
All students who have previously attended public, private, or home school are eligible to enroll.
You may need to provide additional documentation if any of the following circumstances apply:
- Custody order: If your legal guardianship is determined by a court order, please submit a copy of the order.
- IEP or 504 plan: If your student has had an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) within the past three years, please submit a copy of the most recent IEP and a copy of the most recent Educational/Psychological Assessment. In the state of California, the resident school IEP team must meet and determine that Independent Study is appropriate in order to implement the IEP in a virtual school. If Independent Study is not referred to in the current IEP, please contact your student's most recent school for assistance.
Return to California Connections Academy enrollment instructions.