Online High School Curriculum
We all know high school can be challenging academically and socially. So why are California Connections Academy students succeeding and thriving in our online high school curriculum?
The Key: Multi-faceted Curriculum and a Supportive School Community
Imagine a rigorous curriculum that leverages how, when, and where students learn best. Then integrate the most respected print and online resources, innovative instructional tools, and hands-on activities into dynamic curriculum that engages every type of learner. And top it all off by offering the gamut of high school experiences:
- Core classes in math, science, language arts, and social studies.
- Extensive electives, including foreign languages, digital technology, and journalism.
- Field trips and interactive clubs, including robotics, debate, yearbook and more.
- Honors and AP® Courses.
- SAT Preparation Courses.
- Support for students who need extra help.
- College-credit classes.
- NCAA approved courses: Many California Connections Academy core high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center. View a list of currently approved courses.
By combining rigor with flexibility, our online high school curriculum makes success accessible to every student.
Just step into one of our biology classes . . .
In Monday’s LiveLesson® session, experienced biology teacher Ms. Freeland leads a class discussion on California's indigenous plant and animal life. Then, using the clues provided by Ms. Freeland and their Biology: The Dynamics of Life text, students classify local fauna and considers the impact of climate on the region's ecology. By Friday, students, their families and teacher are taking their lessons on the road for a field trip to the California Living Museum. Exploring native plants, animals, and fossils, they’ll experience California’s ecological diversity—from woodlands to desert. Finally, on their own schedules, students are using Froguts, a virtual dissection tool, to better understand where biology, anatomy, and ecology converge.
Intrigued? Check out more of our California Connections Academy online high school curriculum materials.
Beyond the Curriculum—Preparing Students for College or Career
Whether college-bound or career-oriented, we make sure our students are ready for what lies beyond graduation by:
- Providing access to a full-time certified school counselor.
- Helping students create four-year academic plans.
- Guiding students as they consider college and career opportunities.
Meet Ashley Argota
Learn about Ashley Argota's experience as a Nickelodeon star and Connections Academy graduate.