With the Super Bowl just days away, we’re pleased to share a delicious recipe that’s perfect for game-day parties. Straight from the Connections Academy cookbook, Cheese Spinach and Bacon Dip will go well with crackers, chips, or raw veggies. And, in case you didn’t know, the Connections Academy corporate offices are located in Baltimore, Maryland—so we recommend that you serve this yummy dip in a Ravens-purple dish, with purple plates and napkins! But even if you cheer for the other team, we hope you enjoy this recipe and have fun watching the game with family and friends!
Cheese Spinach and Bacon Dip Recipe
Prep Time: 20 mins. Total Time: 1 hour Servings: 20
- 8 slices Oscar Mayer bacon, cooked and crumbled 4 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL diced tomatoes & green chiles, undrained
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 lb. Velveeta pasteurized prepared cheese product, cut into ½" cubes
- Microwave all ingredients in microwaveable bowl on high for 5 minutes, or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well-blended.
- Stir after 3 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and cut-up fresh vegetables.
- Use your slow cooker when serving this dip at a party. Pour the prepared dip into a small slow cooker set on low. This will keep the dip warm and at the ideal consistency for several hours.
- For best results, stir the dip occasionally to prevent hot spots.
What’s your favorite recipe to make and share with friends and family during sporting events? Tell us your most popular party treat—and share the recipes, if you wish—in the comments below.